Swaziland Electricity Board.
The South African Electricity Corporation, ESKOM was commissioned by one of their key customers to build a redundant 400 kV power line to their operations in Mozambique. Swaziland Electricity Corporation proposed that the High Capacity Electricity Transmission line be build through Swaziland in order to increase the electricity capacity in Swaziland. Eskom agreed on the proviso that SEB refurbish the entire communication and SCADA network. Q-KON was entrusted to deliver this on Turn-key basis.
The components of refurbishment comprised:
- High Capacity Redundant Microwave Transmission Network (>500 km)
- Optical Fibre transmission lines (OPGW and ADSS)
- UHF point – to multipoint Data Radios (35 links) – ultilising the Q-KON developed MN96 Data radio
- VHF backup point – to multipoint Data Radios (67 links)
- PABX and National Operation Centre cabling infrastructure
- Multiplexer and network management System monitoring rthe entire communications and SCADA network
The Project was commissioned passing extreme Quality Assurance Criteria associated with such a mission critical network deployment.